How To Reduce Weight Naturally
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or a nutritionist. I am providing this advice based on my personal understanding of the human body and nutrition. Do not follow these suggestions blindly. These suggestions are not meant for minors, old people, pregnant women, and people with weight-related and non-weight related medical conditions.
To be sure, print this page and show it your doctor for a professional opinion.
- Take your evening meal earlier than usual, say before, 6 p.m. Take only fruits or pure home-made fruit juices (without sugar or any additives) to beat hunger pangs later in the night.
- Have only three meals a day.
- Do not eat more than you need.
- Do not take snacks, beverages or any other food items between meals.
- Drink plenty of water. Take half a glass a time, especially before and after a meal. Water increases your metabolic rate. DO NOT overdo this. You might put undue stress on your kidneys.
- Chew your food well when you eat. If you watch TV or read a newspaper when you eat, you will not chew well and the food will not be properly digested. Food that is not well chewed is also not well digested. When this happens regularly over a long period of time, your absorption mechanism rewires itself in the wrong way.
- Make breakfast the biggest meal of your day.
- Have a light lunch and lighter dinner. If you take only fruit juices or salads at night, it increases the chances of burning up fat when you are fasting in the night (i.e., while sleeping).
- Learn to identify various food groups. Starchy foods such as rice or wheat are rich in carbohydrates. Oily foods are rich in fat. Non-vegetarian foods such as meat, dairy or fish, are rich in protein and fat. Grownups do not need need as much protein or fat as children. Consuming a moderate quantity of starchy foods, vegetables and fruits will provide enough nutrition that a grownup needs. Consult your doctor or a nutritionist to ensure that you take a perfectly balanced food.
- Change side dishes every day. Do not eat the same meals every day.
- Avoid foods with low nutrition value, such as those made from corn. In most fat people, a built-in survival mechanism had been triggered. This trigger had assumed that the person is starving and the body converts into fat any food that is excess of the minimum required for survival. This why normal people with no hormonal defects crave food and become fat.
- Do not eat processed food items or take foods that suppress body's reaction to unsuitable food. For example, many restaurants graciously provide lemon halves or onion rings along with oily and spicy non-vegetarian foods. Lemon and onion ensures that body does not reject unsuitable food. When the body does not reject the food, people tend to overeat.
- Get regular exercise.
- Walk for a good distance each day. Walk to and from your workplace, if that is possible. Do not make the newspaper come to you. Walk to the shop for it.
- While performing exercise, try to keep your mouth closed and breathe freely through your nose. With practice, this will become easy.
- Do regular yoga exercises that require you to stretch in directions that you can but never do.
- Spend one hour every day in the evening playing shuttle cock (badminton), tennis, swimming, or rope skipping. Ensure that you sweat a lot. You burn fat only when you sweat.
- Keep a positive mental outlook and keep your mind free of negative thoughts. Read good books and watch good television programs. By that, I mean Discovery or National Geographic.
- Avoid addictive substances such as tea, coffee, aerated drinks, chocolate, alcohol, tobacco, and narcotic substances.
- Get eight hours of sleep every day. Early to bed and early to rise.
After fat has accumulated in an area of your body, it is very difficult to burn it up, even with regular exercise. The only way to ensure that you burn up these fat stores is through regular fasting. Fasting for a few hours or a whole day will not have any impact. You need to fast for two consecutive days regularly, say every 20 or 25 days. On the first day, just drink light fruit juices - apple or tender coconut. On the second day, drink only water. This will give your alimentary canal some much-needed rest and also burn up your fat reserves. Try to keep it very quiet during the days you are fasting. Do not engage in any activity other than lying down and watching TV. Reading a book is not recommended because you need to hold the book. Do not let family members, friends or phone calls to bother you. Otherwise, hunger pangs will break your will. Do not fast longer than two days. If you do, you might die or damage your organs. On the third day, begin with some fresh juice and light food. Do not gorge on food. Keep your eating habits under control before and after fasting.
Thorough fasting is tough even for healthy people but it can be very effective in reducing fat. Please consult your doctor to see if you are ready for this kind of test.
It should be fine if your first few attempts at thorough fasting fails. After a few attempts, you will gain confidence and complete two days without trouble.